Wednesday 14 October 2009

MISI shop now declared OPEN! TA DAH! BOOM ZING!

WHOOOPEEEE! Don't you just wish you were sitting on a swing bench or any swing or seat and looking at these flowers? Yes today is the day I have finally managed to set up an online 'shop' here and have put up my first wares with a few more to follow this week and much more in the next 2 weeks...
Ready for Christmas buyers I hope!!!
It's in the ''Art'' category and called it Susan Merry King Designs.......Ooooh it's too exciting!!!
After all I left my desk-bound office job in early July so it's about time I started earning a few bits and bobs again.....There's going to be bits of accounting for JJ to do but it's all a bit quiet and slow-moving for now so I finally really went for it!
Real scary though....
Lots of ''WHAT IF's '' going on in my mind but I'm cancelling them all out. It IS going to work and all the prints are going to sell!!! ( power of positive thinking and a big dose of Joseph Murphy there too!!!)

Here's a sneak preview: a Tiger lily which Iworked from a birthday bouquet which a kind friend gave me....It's all stitched slowly by machine but guided by hand: no automation whatsoever!!!
And the fabric underneath had no colours on it other than my pencilled guideline drawings...
A lovely harvest and there was a storm brewing: see those clouds? There was rain already starting on the far right and I was just so glad that the farmer had NOT put those beautiful hayrolls in plastic: the black or green plastic rolls in our landscape these days is probably practical but not visually pleasing....
Just a few segments to whet one's appetite...
The flowers at the very top are a detail from a garden which I must admit I do love looking at- especially when my own plot is looking a little sorry for itself- courtesy of Lucy the destroyer...
She eats flowers and digs to hide her bones...say no more.



No comments:

Post a Comment