It's 60 or so crochet flower patterns and all with diagrams and I can't believe I was given it for my birthday in May 2009 and had not made anything from it until January 2011!
I feel a very flowery floral kind of a Spring coming on so it's flowers we'll be needing.
This is the book picture of my flower at the top: a geranium page 76, flower # 57. And I have to give special thanks to my friend Ruth who asked for help on flower # 41: the first crochet flower in the book: a Hellebore.
We had a crochet lesson session on it and it made me want to make a few more.
There's this one, Auricula,made in tapestry wool; anchor tapestry wool at 90p for 10m. And a 4mm hook.
It turned out a bit large to use as a brooch closure on my new clover cardi-jacket : it's 11 cm across but it is lovely though. I love the cupped 3d petals and the deep centre and stem.
The palest lilac was a paterna tapestry single strand wool at 50p a skein, using 4 strands together.
Here's that first flower: I did it in a burgundy wool 4 ply but should have taken more than one colour with me.
I rather liked this chrysanthemum in the book so I made it in clover mohair that I found in my stash and added a silver bead in the centre. Now I have a brooch to close my cardi-jacket and it had it's first public outing on Sunday.
I might not always want such a big blousy closure so I also made the little one below: Zinnia from just over 5m of tapestry wool, a 3mm hook and the pattern on page:88.