Saturday 19 September 2009

Ravishing Ripple Blanket Bonanza

TAN TAN TARAAAH, TAN TAN TARAAAH: BOOM ZING BOOM ZING: TAN TAN TARAAH

IT IS FINALLY FINISHED!!! I PRESENT TO YOU: THE COLOUR-JOY RIPPLE BLANKET!!!

It was started in March and was finished just before 3pm on 19.9.2009 such a nice date I think.
I had such fun playing with all the various colour combinations and only some were repeated and only occasionally....FFZZZZZZZZ I'm fizzing with excitement and yet and yet: there's a sense of loss too, what shall I do next as a BIG project?!! I'll miss the glorious soft warm company of my deliriously stripey colourful ripple. It's become a dear friend and constant evening companion...

And here it is again from left to right now: starting at the far left.

The middle section...
The far right....
Then I did try to capture the ENTIRE length, but had to fold it over in half widthwise to do so:
107 STRIPES! It weighs 1715 grammes and is 125cm wide and 215cm long. There are 98 wide stripes and 9 narrow ones. Pure wool called MERINO SPORT DK was used from Yeoman Yarns and a 4mm hook.
Can you count the colours?
Oh no that's not a fair question as the colours change the way they look to us depending on which colour they are next to so it looks more than it actually is!
It fits perfectly on a single bed and has also found a resting place on our favourite daily
''rest and muse'' spot: the swing seat!!!!
There's 15 colours. And at £2 per 50 g ball should have cost a bit less than £70?!!!
Not bad eh?!!!
Now here's to thinking what the next one will be: Miss E wants me to ripple one in blues/greens and purple and Miss Y desires a pinks and reds with white one.....I fancy a change of stitch: will it be granny squares, hexagons or logcabin squares?

I'm off to snuggle under it and ponder and muse about that one, I'll be ordering the yarn on Monday!




1 comment:

  1. That's just beautiful, colour chock (in a very postive way that is!) Thanks for your sweet comment over at my "place"!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete