Sunday 11 May 2014

Bread Pudding- using leftovers and day 8 of IDP

This morning I had a bit of a shock in that my ribs and chest pains were much worse rather than better and I'm guessing it's because I slept on that side at last, so will refrain from doing that again. To fortify and treat the family I decided to bake a bread pudding as my girls won't eat the crusts off any loaf of bread so the freezer accumulates crusts and JJ was ready to throw them out.... I thought BREAD PUDDING!
Just like when I see brown bananas I think: Banana Cake !I used DELIA's recipe which you can see in my cook book, or it's available free online :
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/sweet/spiced-bread-pudding-with-brandy-cream.html

 
I had 50% extra bread so I increased everything by 50%, also I used muscovado dark brown sugar and replaced the brandy with rum.
 Here's the mixed fruit soaking in the rum, yum yum.
 I was lucky I had this mix in my larder so I didn't have to find all the raisins, currants and mixed peel...
 TOO late I spotted that Delia cuts her crusts off and I only had CRUSTS! Here they soak in the milk.
Next time I will blend them finer...
 I had steamed broccoli with 30 g of cheese for breakfast...

 Mixing the spices and the sugar...
 The mix pre- oven....
 IN the oven....

 Out of the oven and HEY , WHO did that? I didn't even get a photo before some was taken away and eaten! The rest was cooled and cut into yummy treat squares for lunchboxes.
( don't worry it was only a teeny tiny drop of rum) I can have some of this on Thursday next week, day 12, I'll freeze a square for me to try....Does it look delicious? It sure smells so GOOOOOD.
 This was part of lunch for me after I'd had some ratatouille...
 There was 40% off interweave online video courses so I treated myself to a Lily Chin one and within 5 minutes I'd learned TWO new ways of doing things, superb!It was on my wish list so I was quick to decide.
Also don;t you just LOVE that blue cabled sweater in the background?
 John Lewis have got some great designs and prints going for their 150 year anniversary...


 Fancy a nautical backpack? I do.....
 And dinner was broccoli and more carrots again.... Today WAS quite difficult and I was hungry a little.
So always make sure IF you ever try this, start on a Saturday then day 2 is a Sunday and day 8 a Saturday so you might not be working those days, they are not so easy...
I wonder what my weight loss will be tomorrow though?
Something to look forward to?

PS : IDP= Idiot Proof Diet , apparently it;s not a diet for idiots after all, it's idiot proof instead, meaning that it's so easy to follow....?????Is it?
In theory yes BUT it takes a lot of willpower!

No comments:

Post a Comment