Friday 30 November 2012

Procrastination update on the day to day

It's a dog's life: Pippa in a deep sleep moment.

Hello , writing this is so much easier than writing for my PH portfolio so here I am procrastinating yet again. I could have a Phd in procrastination: Dr Procrastinator extra- ordinaire.
JJ helped me- well actually because they were very high- He picked most of these SLOES.

 I'm hoping they'll be good as we have had some frosts and they have that nice bloom, see?  I made the holly leaves for a wreath project. The sloes are currentl;y enjoying their second ''frost'' in our freezer while I go out and buy the sugar and the gin and sterilise the next Kilner Jars.
 The last of last years' sloe gin, the first batch was darker and very delicious but this is looking a bit pale and is very strongly tasting of the gin.
 JJ started us off with the first new Christmad decs of 2012.
 More sleeping dogs...
 The first decorated tree of 2012, in our virtual Christmas room in an Alpine Village.
 Our REAL room with it's fabulous new fireplace: have I showed this off yet?
 And gone are our Turquoise and yellow brocaded striped cotton sateen curtains...: very Warm and English now. Almost chintzy?
 With the two new leather chesterfields also, which the dogs sit/lie on the most.
 And a fun and funky colourful new blind: super stripeyness.
 And the final source of true happiness at the moment: THE HOBBIT! I am re- reading it as I first read it in 1977! And I have found the copy of THAT book that I read then. I'd forgotten how well written it is and how fabulous the words and narrative, it skips along and takes you straight into Middle England.
More time needed please, this book is pure pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment