Saturday 22 February 2014

New purpose to stop falling apart and Prudence

Hey yes, Prudence as a virtue as  a state I need to accomplisg a lot more as I am astounded at my recent shopaholic tendencies with respect to yarn buying and kits/ books/lessons.
It's been a mad few weeks with chestiness coughing type ilness which meant my operation was cancelled and I lost the 2 week window of planning and doing that I had all organised to prefection...
First I did a Tunisian course and just got totally absorbed and ''hooked'' on trying out lots of new stitches, oooh the excitement! I had done it before in 2005 but not done any since much so this was just excellent as I could do so much more now my crocheting skills have been moving forward in the past 8 years or so!
 So that's a sampler swatch, colours were just leftover stash ones, but actually although bright I rather like them!

 And on the brightness note SINCE WHEN did I become this shrinking violet that hides in navy or neutrals all the time these days???? Moving ON, I am on a 7 day MENTAL health diet of only thinking and saying POSITIVE things, this is proving difficult but BRILLIANT.
 Superb flowers we had the week before half term...

 And some bulbs which are now just about flowered out.

 And a collar I liked in a mag at the time, few weeks ago...
 Walking the dogs at the church still, due to so much flooding: I found SNOWDROPS!!!



 THIS WEEK'S BUNCH OF CHEERY DAFFS....
 Waffles from a birthday girl's new waffle-maker machine and this was a b'day breakfast.



 Some sweet new bulbs courtesy of Waitrose...
 Hopefully these will be BLUE?
 Crocuses in a lovely baskets at St Hugh's College Oxford University: aren't they fabulous? And I'm oh so happy to be dancing there again!

 Last night's procrastination project: I was supposed to be either sewing a bodice for a Ball-dress or read my Health Promotion reading list material for Unit 2....
 So: I made a collar!!!!! Here it is as a WIP
 Goes with my navy jumper and my silk dupion blouse....

 It's by Nikki Trench and it's in both the Easy Crochet vintage and retro booklet OR Crochet Gifts magazine, out NOW by practical publishing. It's a LOVELY pattern, quick and easy and well written.
Just ONE mistake at the beginning if you buy the magazine: it says ch1 and then ss into...when there's nothing to ss into!!!
I think they meant chain 8 or so and then close into a circle with a ss into the first ch..
Today I'm not in London Covent Garden with the family- alas- as I feared BUYING something when I have soooooooo much the house is positively BURSTING at the seams and I have too much clutter and ran out of storage and even places to put storage....
So I'm sorting out the ''pit'' as my beloved has called my studio yesterday and then it's also back to the BIG PRIORITIES: Health Promotion study and a bit of sewing.
Life falling apart- where does that come in? Well it isn;t of course BUT I would rather be in London eating macaroons at La Duree Covent Garden OR walking as it's a lovely sunny dry day THAN clearing up / throwing out and cleaning / sorting once again.....
Thus I need to get a GRIP! Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment