Sunday 15 December 2013

a Little London

 This was given , a MUST do as we passed this bust on Monday evening, 9th Dec.
In memoriam.NELSON MANDELA, we owe him so much, may he rest in PEACE.
 Then after a day of meetings and presentations we had time to peruse the Christmas market on the Southbank.
 And sip mulled wine whilst admiring the view over the Thames.
 The moon was out, it was dry and not very cold, a lovely winter evening!
 And this is my inspiration for when I shall crochet a Nutcracker! A Prussian soldier.
 And in the park opposire the Travelodge on Waterloo road we spied a fox! An urban fox!
 Across the park he ran and then across a busy road:


 Past the Book warehouse and round the corner into Waterloo road. He just ran amongst the shoppers!
 And later the next day I popped into I-Knit and was inspired nay caressed visually by these colours?


 They are all rooster almerino but some are DK and others aran and the colours and shades DIFFER.
 And then some delicious tweed and plied yarns....
 Now I'm going back in time to 1st December when wen ''did'' Selfridges as a family followed by Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park.
 The windows were spectacular?

 Elves and snowmen cavorting everywhere?


 Then to the 4th floor: Christmas Emporium?



 A local lady in Chinnor makes these....
 A rather bland nativity, give me a crochet one, rather than this any day  please?


 Did like the light up deer though?
 And a Polar Bear!!! JJ would not take a photo to show it was taller than me?
Must be competition for the £2000+ Liberty Grizzly bear they have for their Christmas display and shop?
 And skates like my dad used to have and that I accidentally left in Goppi 's attic in North Wales...
Couldn't get them back after the break-up, alas...

 And these reminded me of my childhood: when we had piles of these boxed glass balls, all decorated and very precious and fragile, for the tree.... Each glittery glass bauble with it's own tissued nest inside a compartment in the box? Lovely!
 This wreath reminded me of Lucy at attic 24? Her colourfulness?
 a tiny nativity of sorts?
 And lots of gingerbread inspiration!

 A glittery Stag's Head out of layered card?

 A sleigh outside a DREAM Edwardian townhouse!
 More and more gingerbread inspiration.... Big Ben , now that looked fun!



 Then time for JJ and I to relax with tea and cake whilst the girls shopped endlessly in the make -up and accessories departments...


 Then down to the Park Lane car park at Hyde park.... Winter Wonderland will be a later post.
See you there?


No comments:

Post a Comment