Friday 23 December 2011

A little Christmas-sy crochet

At last I crocheted a poinsettia - my own pattern- as I have been meaning to do for several years now... But it took so long that there's no time to finish an entire door wreath of these?!
It's floppier than intended also- needs a bit of tweaking?
The mistletoe turned out just fine- thanks to Lesley Stansfield's book.... It works too!
It hangs proudly in the kitchen already.
Very chuffed with these holly leaves and berries I was this morning!
And here's a playful experiment I took to Paris with me: a ball of Tosca Light by Lang and a free pattern for mini mochi by crystal palace yarns... The above was in 4 days and weighs 52 g out of the 100g ball. Used a 4 mm hook and this represents about 200m in length..
I have had such fun! On the train and in restaurants: happily hooking away and these tumbling blocks making a nice texture and lovely diagonal stripes. This was new to me but so easy and I was quite mesmerised by the colour changes and the way it works.
This is the picture of the scarf which inspired me to print the pattern....
It doesn't work in shorter sequence variegated yarns, no! Not at all.
More to come on the PARIS front and more crochet too.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment