Monday 1 October 2018

Team building day - punting and some SUP-ping!

 Though I haven't been blogging it I had some pics on Facebook but am temporarily locked out so am posting here today.
On 4th and 5th August I had a 20 minute session on a paddle board at Country File Live at Blenheim Palace and fell in love with the sport! if you can call it that.  I wanted to buy a board straight away and did almost that, within a week or two anyway. Also took a SUP lesson to get my ''ready to ride'' certificate and then off I 've been going all about, Cherwell, Thame river, Grand Union canal, Thames, etc.
 So when the work summer outing was punting I offered my board for some try-outs for anyone interested. Only two were at first but there may be even more after the event.
It was quite a cold morning hence the fleece as I had only been sup-ping in t shirt and shorts until then. Lovely sunny day though.
As you can see after the try-outs and a nice drink at the Victoria Arms we head back for lunch at the Cherwell boathouse: very very slow service but delicious food! Two punts and a SUP.






No comments:

Post a Comment