Thursday 18 November 2010

Rona tah dah moment

TAH DAH!!!!! Rona was finally finished today .
I replaced the collar and finished the ends, sewed on the buttons and VOILA. Just within 7 months this was actually finally finished. I made it a bit longer and a bit looser /wider fitting than the pattern. Comfy like. For fell-walking and rambling in the countryside.

It's also used up quite a bit of stash from the 1980's: some Rowan scottish tweed ( the pine green) , some designer DK wool from Rowan bought in Liberty in 1986( burgundy and purple) and I added to these with 2 tones of felted tweed: shade 133 and 167. The paler brighter pink- which also looks tweedy- is made from recycled textiles.
I designed my own version of the raised flower square as I didn't like the central hole that the pattern had.
The sleeves are just the perfect length for me- I added a few rows of granny striping and a cuff border of dc rows to match the button bands and collar.

It can be worn loose- with layers of t-shirts under for walking/ice skating or nipped in with buttons at the waist for a little shaping. Hourglass- wise you know?
I had fun striping the yoke and inserts and am rather pleased with the final choice of collar stripiness- do you like it? I DO!
With Miss E at school I was trying to get some nice daylight photos......

Hey this is fun!


Bye then see you again soon? OMG does my bum look big in this? Spot the waist button instead:
nice little detail- I'm oh sooo happy with it.
C U L8ER.







No comments:

Post a Comment